Newsletter – 1 April
Message from the Headteacher,
This week’s learning highlights:
- Owls have been learning about life cycles and made posters topresent their work to the class.
- Parrots Class have continued reading Little Red and have also beenlearning about 3D shapes in maths. In DT they have been learning touse leavers and sliders to make moving pictures.
- Eagles class have been writing fantastic free verse poems andlearning about the artist Paul Nash, who found the Wittenham Clumpsinspirational and frequently painted them.
- Penguins have been learning to order food in a French café. Theyhave also been learning about the angles in a triangle and how to calculate the area of compound shapes.
The children really enjoyed seeing the flurries of snow this week and playing with the new equipment at playtimes.Thank you PTA for the litter picking equipment. The ECO Council were very excited and have already been out in the playground litter picking!ECO Council have been working on ‘The Crisp Packet Project’ for the last few weeks which is proving to be great fun! The project and its founder were featured on The One Show last night (Thursday). All of your children, not just ECO Council, have been involved with the project, either putting their empty crisp packets in our crisp bin, reminding others to save their crisp packets or asking questions about the project. It’s absolutely fantastic how everyone has supported this brilliant project. Thank you to Mrs Green for all her hard work on this.
Have a lovely weekend.
- Sorry we had to postpone the meeting with our teaching team. The new date is Friday 29th April
- We are still looking for children (year 2 & up) to join the Maypole dancing team for the Queen’s Jubilee. If you are interested, please contact the school office.
4th April – PE Parrots & Y6
5th April – PE Owls & Y5
6th April – PE Parrots & Penguin
7th April- PE Owls & Eagles
8th April- 1:30pm break-up for Easter