Newsletter – 10 June
Message from the Headteacher
I hope you all had a fantastic and relaxing half term. Thank you to Owls Class for hosting this week’s cake sale. We raised an amazing £97.25! The money will go towards improving the outside area for the children. Thank you also to the pre-school children who were busy baking for us today.
We have had a fantastic turn out at celebration assemblies. Please do extend the invitation to wider family members. We love to have grandparents or other relations attend to support the children, particularly those whose parents are working.
From Monday, we will revert to the children lining up on the playground before coming into school. Mrs Folkman and I will continue to be on the playground from 8:40am and the rest of the teaching team will come out at 8:45am to enable a brief period where you can pass urgent messages to the teachers. The bell will be rung at 8:50am and the children will then line up and be taken into class by their teacher.
We are arranging Sports Day for the morning of Thursday 23rd June. This will be held at Bodkins and we would like the parents to come along and watch and then stay for a picnic lunch afterwards.
This week’s learning highlights are as follows:
- Owls Class have been reading about a safari to Tanzania and have been learning about the animals they will see at Marwell Zoo.
- Parrots Class have been reading The Clockwork Dragon and writing in role to show characters thoughts and feelings. In science they have been identifying UK mammals.
- Eagles Class has been focused on multiplication checks thisweek and the year 4’s have completed the statutory multiplications checks. In topic the class have started to learn about WWII.
- Penguins Class have been busy working on their play and have also found time to publish their Ancient Greek myths.Please remember packed lunches, water bottles, suncream, sensible shoes and hats for our Trip to Marwell Zoo on Monday. Please make sure your child has gone to the loo before coming to school on Monday so the children can get straight on the coach.
Attendance: This week attendance was 95.91%. Well done to Eagles -100%!
- 13th June – Whole school trip to Marwell Zoo
- 14th June – Henge Project Penguins
- 14th June – Forest School Years 2 & 4
- 17th June – Penguins Swimming
- 17th June – Year 1s Cake Sale
- 20th June – World Refugee
9am Assembly by settled refugee from Afghanistan in performance by a humanitarian magician at 2pm https://magicforsmiles.com/ https://www.justgiving.com/magicfor smiles
- 23rd June – Sports Day AM followed by picnic for families
- 6th July – Transition morning
- 7th July – Penguins on school trip to Dorchester Abbey
- 11th July (W/B) Prayer Space Project 14th July – Year 6 performance
- 19th July – Leavers assembly 12:30 in the church
We welcome families to join us for Celebration Assemblies at 3pm every Friday
Class Cake Sales:
17th June – Parrots Class
24th June – Eagles Class
1st July – Penguins Class
15th July – Whole School (village welcome)