Newsletter – 13 May
Message from the Headteacher,
Thank you to all the parents that came along to celebration assembly today. It was lovely to finally have so many of our school community together and for the children to be able to share all their achievements with you. Thank you to all the governors and parents who provided the tea and cake to encourage people to stay and chat. It was a really lovely way to start the weekend. It would be lovely if we could continue to have the opportunity to strengthen our school community so would welcome volunteers to help provide the tea and cakes each week.
This week year 6 have been taking their SATs and have showed all our learning values and tried their hardest. Their hard work was rewarded by Papa Johns who generously donated lots of pizza for them. https://www.papajohns.co.uk/stores/didcot/offers.aspx
On Friday we are having a whole school maths workshop. The hands-on activities will encourage critical thinking, logical reasoning and mathematical understanding – all with an emphasis on teamwork and discussion. We are also starting to plan a whole school trip to Marwell Zoo on Monday 13th June which is something to look forward to after half term.
Next week we are welcoming a new teaching assistant to school. Miss DIsli will be based in Owls Class.
This week’s learning highlights are as follows:
- Owls have been reading The Queen’s Handbag and learning about the four countries in the UK. They have also been learningto read maps and exploring the school.
- Parrots have been learning to write recounts and have been explaining how to brush your teeth properly.
- Eagles have also been learning about teeth and exploring thedigestive system with a very hands on experiment. The have also been writing book reviews about Krindlekrax.
- Penguins have been learning about the parts of plants and havedissected and pressed flowers.
Attendance: This week attendance was fantastic at 98.54%. Thank you all for all your efforts.
Reminder: Class and year 6 photos are on Thursday.
- Week beginning 16th May Y2 SAT week
- 16th May – Forest School Cancelled
- 17th May – Forest School Y1 & Y3
- 20th May – Penguins Swimming
- 20th May – 4:30-6pm Movie and Pizza night
- 20th June – World Refugee Day with performance by a humanitarian magician
- 13th June – Whole school trip to Marwell Zoo
- 23rd June – Sports Day
- 6th July – Transition mornings
- 14th July – Year 6 performance
- 19th July – Leavers assembly 12:30 in the church
We would like to welcome parents to join us for Celebration Assemblies. Assembly this week will be on Friday at 3pm. Please do join us if you can.