Newsletter – 17th June 2022
Message from the Headteacher,
Yet again, lots has been going on in school this week. We had a fantastic day at Marwell Zoo on Monday. The children were so well behaved and loved seeing the different animals. I think the Okapi was a firm favourite.
We also had a fascinating assembly from the team organizing the Henge Festival and learnt about the local landscape and how people would have lived in it in ancient times. Year 5&6 then had fun making masks to be used at the festival in September. https://hengefestival.com/
This week’s learning highlights are as follows:
- Owls Class have been learning how to stay safe in the sun andbuilding on the trip to the zoo, they have been writing postcards, creating animal fact files and have even learnt to measure a giraffe.
- Parrots Class have been reading The Adventures of Egg Box Dragon. They have described Egg Box and designed their own species of Dragon.
- Eagles Class have also based their learning this week on the trip to the zoo. They have been writing information about the animals they saw. In history they had a debate about Britain getting involved in WWII. They have also been practicing the 24hr clock (please reinforce this at home.
- Penguins Class have been writing non-chronological reports about the geek mythical beast the Chimera. They have also been learning about eco-systems, life cycles and food chains.
In other news, we had our KS1 moderation this week which went very well. The moderator was very impressed with how well the teachers knew the children and their books and she praised their organised approach to it. Well done Miss McLachlan, Miss Mason and Miss Clarke.
This week, Miss Clarke visited our new starters and we look forward to welcoming them in September.Please do join us for World Refugee Day on Monday and the information about Relationship and Sex Education information meeting on Tuesday.
Today’s cake sale raised £90.17 for Parrots Class. Thank you all for supporting us.Have a lovely weekend.
- 20th June – Forest School year 6 & Owls
- 20th June – World Refugee Day
9am Assembly by settled refugee from Afghanistan in performance by a humanitarian magician at 2pm
- 21st June – Forest School Years 2 & 4
- 21st June 4:30pm RSE parent information evening
- 23rd June – Sports Day AM followed by picnic for families
- 24th June – Penguins Swimming 25th June – Eagles Cake Sale
- 6th July – Transition morning
- 7th July – Penguins on school trip to Dorchester Abbey
- 8th July Prayer Space Project
- 14th July – Year 6 performance
- 19th July – Leavers assembly 12:30 in the church
We welcome families to join us for Celebration Assemblies at 3pm every Friday
Class Cake Sales:
24th June – Eagles Class
1st July – Penguins Class
15th July – Whole School (village welcome)