Newsletter – 1st July
Message from the Headteacher
We were delighted to welcome the new Owls this afternoon and it was lovely to see them fitting in so well. We are looking forward to having our school transition morning next week and the teachers are busy writing reports and having meetings to ensure the new teachers know all about the children moving into their classes.
Congratulations to Miss McLachlan who has completed her masters in Education. She will be returning to full time teaching in September at a school closer to home in Oxford. We are so grateful for all she has done for the school and wish her all the best in her teaching career.
We are excited to welcome Mrs. Williamson to the team in September to work with Miss Mason. Mrs Williamson is an experienced teacher with a wealth of skills to bring to our team. Miss Mason will continue to work mornings and Mrs. Williamson will teach in the afternoons.
I would like to say a massive thank you to PTA and year 5/6 parents who organized and volunteered at tonight’s disco. The children had a fabulous time, with lots of fun and games.
This week’s learning highlights are as follow:
- Owls Class have made books about Elmer and have been learning how animals are adapted to their habitats.
- Parrots Class have been busy making lighthouses from junk modeling and have been reading The Robot and the Bluebird.In RE they have been learning about Shabbat.
- Eagles Class have been writing the end of a narrative for IanBillings books about Mummies nail clipping.
- Penguins Class have been working on descriptive writing andadventurous vocabulary writing about a storm. They have also been learning the Hindu creation story in RE. They have also been busy rehearsing their play. Today’s cake sale raised £60 for Penguins Class. Thank you all for supporting us.Have a lovely weekend.
Attendance: This week attendance was 95%. Well done to Eagles 98.97%
- 4th July – Forest School year 6 & Owls
- 5th July – Forest School Years 2 & 4
- 6th July – Transition morning
- 7th July – Penguins on school trip to Dorchester Abbey
- 8th July – Penguins Swimming
- 8th July – Prayer Space Project
- 14th July – Year 6 performance
- 19th July – Leavers assembly 12:30 in the church
We welcome families to join us for Celebration Assemblies at 3pm every Friday