Newsletter – 24th June
Message from the Headteacher,
On Monday we had an awe inspiring show by Magic for Smiles which the children loved. So far, we have raised £80 for the charity that provides magic shows to children living in refugee camps. If you haven’t already done so donations can be made here: https://www.justgiving.com/magicforsmiles
We are very grateful to Miss Winterbourne and Mrs Eltham for arranging a fantastic sports day. I was really impressed with the children and the determination and perseverance they showed. It was also lovely for them.
This week’s learning highlights are as follow:
- Owls Class have been reading the story of Elmer. They have been sequencing and retelling the story and have written fantastic character descriptions
- Parrots Class have continued reading Egg Box Dragon and have thought of questions and answers about their own dragons.
- Eagles Class have been publishing their non-chronologicalreports on the laptops. In maths year 4 have been learning about coordinates and translation and year 3 have been measuring time.
- Penguins Class have been learning about angles and calculating angles of triangles. They have also been very busy practicing for their play.Today’s cake sale raised £80 for Eagles Class. Thank you all for supporting us.
Have a lovely weekend.
- 27th June – Forest School year 6 & Owls
- 28th June – Forest School Years 2 & 4
- 1st July – Penguins Swimming
- 1st July – Penguins Cake Sale
- 6th July – Transition morning
- 7th July – Penguins on school trip to Dorchester Abbey
- 8th July – Prayer Space Project
- 14th July – Year 6 performance
- 19th July – Leavers assembly 12:30 in the church