Newsletter – 6th May
Message from the Headteacher
This week we were excited to have a live performance of ‘A Night at the Movies’ from Eagles Class. The children sang a range of songs from famous films and were very brave to stand up in front of such a large audience. It was lovely to welcome parents back into school again for the event.
This week’s learning highlights are as follows:
- Owl’s class have been reading ‘The Queens Hat’ and learning all about famous landmarks in London.
- Parrots have continued reading ‘Moth’ and have started to make predictions about the impact industrialisation will have on the moths.
- Eagles have been learning about food chains and haveenjoyed creating food chains this afternoon. They have also continued to learn about money and persuasive writing.
- Penguins have been learning about Alexander the Great andhave also been exploring tectonic plates, with the help of chocolate and custard.
We would like to welcome parents to join us for Celebration Assemblies.
Assembly this week will be on Friday at 3pm and will be followed by tea and cake hosted by the governors.
- Week beginning 9th May Y6 SAT week
- 9th May – Forest School Owls & Y5
- 10th May – Forest School Y1 & Y3 13th May – Penguins Swimming
- 20th May – 4:30-6pm Movie and Pizza night
- 23rd June – Sports Day
- 16th July – Transition mornings
- 14th July – Year 6 performance
- 19th July – Leavers assembly 12:30 in the church