Newsletter – 7 January
Message from the Headteacher
I am delighted to have completed my first week as headteacher at Long Wittenham School and have been made to feel very welcome by the children, the staff and the wider school community.
I am sure you will join me in welcoming Sally Jarman and Charles Montier who are the new teachers in Penguin Class. They bring a wealth of experience to the teaching team and will be a fantastic asset to the school.
We started the week with inset which was a great opportunity for me to get to know the staff better and learn all about the wonderful things that go on in the school.
I’m very much looking forward to the settling in over the next few weeks and getting to know everyone better so please do come and introduce yourselves at pick-up or drop-off.
Warm regards, Gillian Fraser
Picture – Penguin Class have been making pin hole cameras
- On Tuesday 11th January, Eagles and Penguins will be having an exciting “Saving Oxford’s Wetland Wildlife” workshop run by the Freshwater Habitats Trust.
- The PTA are looking for a new chair and more volunteers. The support of the PTA in a small school makes such a difference so please contact Nicky Folkman if you have any time to volunteer office.3233@long- wittenham.oxon.sch.uk
- The wintery weather has made a return. If we need to close the school due to snow we will inform you via Parentmail. The information will also be shared via the local radio and on our school website.
- Mon 10th Jan – Forest School Reception & Year 6
- Tue 11th Jan – Forest School Year 2 & 4
- 21st Jan – swimming re-starts for Eagles Class